We have prepared a list of Do's and Don'ts for when you go home from the hosptial.
- Call our office if any of the following occur: swelling, drainage, redness, the wound starts to open, or you start to run a fever.
- Protect your incision from getting wet for 3 days.
- The wound dressing will need to be changed daily and covered with sterile gauze pads for 3 days. No dressing needed after this.
- Call our office and schedule a follow up visit for 2-4 weeks from implant with your doctor and Katie Holland, RN for device check.
- You will need to schedule regular follow-ups after each visit. It is important that you keep your appointments, if you must miss an appointment please call to reschedule as soon as possible.
- Call our office with any questions regarding your treatment.
- Don't lift your arm on the affected side above your shoulder for 2 weeks.
- Don't push, pull or lift over 10 lbs with the affected arm for 2 weeks. You may use your arm for other daily activities.
- Don't use creams, lotions or home remedies on your incision. After the dressing is removed you will not need to keep the incision covered, leave open to air.