Jodie L Hurwitz, MDClinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
Dr. Hurwitz is President of the North Texas Electrophysiology Society and has served on the board of healthcare policy for the Heart Rhythm Society and the Women’s Leadership Initiative Task Force. She is currently on the board of directors for Heart Rhythm Society. In addition, she serves on the electrophysiology council of the American College of Cardiology.
Dr. Hurwitz is a specialist in Electrophysiology (the study of normal and abnormal cardiac rhythms). She performs EP studies with radio frequency ablation, atrial fibrillation ablations, as well as pacemaker and defibrillator implantation. Dr. Hurwitz is published widely and participates extensively in clinical and device trials. Dr. Hurwitz has been named several times to the Best Doctors in Dallas and Texas Super Doctors. She lives in Dallas with her daughter.
- Cardiovascular Disease - Board Certified
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology - Primary - Board Certified
- Gender: Female
- Undergraduate Degree: Mount Holyoke College - 1977
- Graduate Degree: Albert Einstein College of Medicine - 1981
- Fellowship: Duke University Medical Center - 1988
- Internship: Parkland Hospital - 1982
- Residency: Parkland Hospital - 1984
- Medical City Heart Hospital
- Medical City Dallas Hospital
- Medical City McKinney