Please read all instructions carefully.
Total time of testing: 2-3 hours
- No caffeine 12 hours prior to Lexiscan test day. (this includes chocolate, colas, coffee, or tea and all products labeled decaffeinated or caffeine free).
- No Theophylline 12 hours prior to test.
- No Aggrenox (Dipyridamole) 48 hours prior to testing.
- No food 3-4 hours prior to testing. You may drink water during this time.
- No smoking or exercise 8 hours before testing.
- You will have an IV started for this procedure.
- If your test is scheduled in the afternoon, eat a light meal 3-4 hours prior to testing. Please do not fast all day for this test.
- Wear loose comfortable clothes and shoes. Please wear short sleeve shirt/t-shirt and pants/shorts. Please do not wear dresses or overalls.
- As a part of this test you will need to eat a snack after the Lexiscan, but prior to the second picture of your heart. The snack break is approximately 45-60 minutes. This snack should be a minimum of 10 grams of fat (you can bring food from home). Do not eat this food until instructed by the nuclear tech. The final images will take approximately 20-30 min.
- On the day of the stress test, please bring a list with dosages or bottles of your medications (including and supplements or over the counter), your inhaler(s), insurance card(s), and driver's license.
- Take all of your regularly scheduled medications as prescribed except the medicines listed below. Do not take thse medicines (listed below) 48 hours prior to your test
- Migraine meds with caffeine
Cancellation of a nuclear stress test requires twenty-four (24) hours' notice, otherwise there will be a charge to the patient for the cost of the isotope.