Please read all instructions carefully.
- You will need someone to drive you home from the hospital.
- Limit your physical activity for 48 hours. Avoid lifting any heavy objects.
- You may experience some discomfort at the catheter site. This can usually be relieved with Tylenol, taking 1 or 2 tablets every four (4) hours.
- You may experience some swelling or bruising at the catheter site. This will improve in a few days and should be of no concern.
- If you experience active bleeding at the catheter site, lie down and press firmly immediately above the catherter site. Have someone call 911 or drive you to the emergency room.
- Resume taking your medications on their usual schedule.
- If you are diabetic and taking Glucophage, do not resume until instructed by your cardiologist.
Call the doctors office if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Increasing swelling or a small amount of bleeding at the catheter site.
- Chest pain or shortness of breath.
- Numbness, coldness, or pain of the extremity used for catheterization.